[ Level-appropriate problem solving ]
- The program provides problem-solving based on the individual player’s skill level, categorized into four grades: beginning, intermediate, advanced, and expert ranked players.
[ Vast quantity of problems ]
- Carefully selected problems ranging from basic life and death to advanced life and death, along with classic problems drawn from Hyeonhyeon gigyeong (玄玄棋經 / Gateway to All Marvels), Gwan ja bo (官子譜), and Gigyeong jungmyo (碁經衆妙).
[ Composition of problems ]
- 300 beginning-level life and death problems
- 300 intermediate-level life and death problems
- 300 advanced-level life and death problems
- 250 expert-level life and death (tsumego) problems for ranked players
- 300 tesuji (clever moves or gambits) problems
- A total of 1,450 problems in all
[ Provides a variety of features ]
- Review feature for problem analysis that functions as if you are actually placing stones on the board
- Response feature for enhanced ability to read ahead, providing responses even to incorrect answers in standardized sequences of moves
- List feature for selecting and solving problems either sequentially or randomly
- Feature for displaying correct answers
- Easy-to-use user interface
[ Idiosyncrasies ]
- Designed to present problems randomly as each stage is chosen, thus making it possible that the same problem could be presented twice consecutively.
- If a player wishes to work on problems sequentially, a list of problems from which to choose enables this feature.
- Life and death (tsumego) problems are divided into graded levels: beginning, intermediate, advanced, and expert ranked player. However, problems of tesuji (clever moves or gambits) are combined in a single uncategorized menu.
- Problems can be re-worked if the player has checked for the correct answer or if the player clicks the Review button after getting the correct answer.
- Due to the nature of baduk, other sequences could also result in correct answers
[ Enhancing baduk style and skillfulness ]
- The most important thing in improving baduk style and skillfulness is to cultivate the ability to read moves.
- Try to work out problems all the way to the end, without checking for the correct answer prematurely
[ About the developers ]
- Advanced amateur level 6 dan, certified by the Korea Baduk Association
- Professional programmer